Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Dudes!!!

Well, this is not going to be the most interesting post, but I felt like saying poison ivy and horsefly bites suck.

SO I have this friend, and he listens to all this music from everywhere, Africa, Finland, all sorts of places, and listening to some of this stuff he has just makes me realize how shletered I seem to be. I really need to listen to more of this stuff, because it's truly amazing. For example, there's this twelfth century fishing song in Finish and this group made a techno version of it, but it's so cool! I'm just amazed at some of the harmonies and rhythms and things these people can come up with. I especially like the music he has from South Africa and Madagascar. I'm totally into it!

By the way, Dax fixed my commenting so I now ahve a haloscan account. Thank you! You rock! I'm having a pretty good summer. I've been creating my father's address book by scanning all these different business cards. It's really interesting to note the differences in font and stuff. Some fonts the scanner can read, and some it deffinitely can't.

And, on a completely different note, yey for Dax getting her new guide puppy dog very soon. And sad for Carin who has to take Babs puppy back for testing. There's never a good time for bad news. But on the plus side, it may mean a trip out to California for Carin, and that's awesome. That will be fun, though I know you'll miss that puppy like crazy. She was a beautiful girl and she worked so well.

And for my last random tangent, being done high school rocks, but at the same time it's kinda sad too. I made a lot of very special friends there who are still going to be there in the fall and I shall miss them terribly, but we shall see each other soon I'm sure. Oh yeah, one more thing, I'm told that my music teacher said he wished he'd had me for a bit longer because he would have graduated an almost professional jazz singer. Wow, some people are so awesome and inspiring. He was a very patient teacher. He knew a lot about a lot, although I'll never forget the time we were listening to a clip for the Audible Otter and he was convinced that one of the reporters was interviewing someone named Miss Nailer, he was so wrong. Oh it was a great moment. I guess ya had to be there but yeah. He was always very kind and made you feel good about yourself. He could be borderline rude at times, but that was what made him funny. He's playing at Lake Joe on my birthday. Why must I be stuck in St. Catherines? *Cry* Oh well, he's wonderful.

So there's my random post. Have a great day. I'll post again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home