Friday, July 21, 2006

Feeling Better?

I'm gonna say yes. As much as I have bitched and wined about how much I hate being here over the last few weeks, I am finally coming to realize that Carin was right. Things do happen for a reason. We don't always know what it is, but it's true. I'm working, I don't necessarily like my job, but I'm learning a lot from it, and making a good chunk of money from it. My Dad and I are getting along really well, and he's been really helpful to me, helping me edit stuff or check it for style and stuff. It's nice and air conditioned here. I have a pool when I want one. I've got a couple of friends who are the greatest people in the world for letting me live there half the time, in a manner of speaking. I'm not lonely. Meg and I are generally getting along. We have our little snaps, but what family doesn't? I get to go see my grandparents every once in awhile, and as much as my grandpa's a crazy alcoholic, I know he loves me. And my Grandma, though she may seem annoying at times, is just so full of wisdom. It's like she knows all the answers. I love having discussions with her, and she's so smart and patient and kind. They look after me when I need them. When I was really sick there for awhile, I told them and their exact response was "Well, on Friday when you're finished work, we're coming to get you. You're sick? Well you just need some TLC from your grandparents." How cute and awesome. And they let me bitch and whine when I'm upset, and they're completely non-judgemental. They're great.

And I've got my blog. I mean, ok, i have my blog anywhere, but sometimes it's just fun to write random pointless crap for whoever wants to read it. It's good. And I'll be back in Ottawa soon. I like writing to waste time, or to rant about stuff because sometimes after I write stuff down I can collect my thoughts in a constructive way and not lash out and go postal on someone's ass. Though that might be fun. Maybe I'll try it someday. He he. Just kidding. But seriously.

And guess who turns 20 in 16 days? Moi? REally? I'm an adult soon? Crazy times!! But so wonderful, and awesome. So I'm off to go shopping with my father now. I think this summer won't suck so much after all. Yay for positive attitude!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home