Monday, April 21, 2008

Thought Bananza part 2

I knew I was missing some stuff when I wrote my first post, so now here's the rest of it.

On Saturday I was listening to Fuse on CBC This is a show which combines two artists of distinctly different genre and they perform each other's songs together. Sometimes there are some pretty neat performances on there, and some of the "fusions" work well. Saturday's show was not, in my opinion, the case at all. The two artists were Fred Eaglesmith And Katie Stelmanis OK, so is it just me, or does Katie Stelmanis sound like Satan mated with a sheep? Apparently this chick has operatic training. Good for her, but her voice scares me, and I feel like I'm being possessed by demons or something. I don't know what it is about her, but she creeps me right out. I really enjoyed Fred Eaglesmith's songs, but Katie was just... no.
And while we're on the subject of music Barb likes and doesn't like, here's a question for anyone reading this. Why is it that if people can hear so well, they can be toan deaf at the same time? Vick had it as her msn name today, and it got me thinking. She says she asked Mr. Boyde, one of the music teachers at W Ross and even he couldn't answer. Weird.

And as a closing thought, pine sap is a bitch to get out of your hair. I sat under a tree yesterday because I thought it would be shadey and lovely. It was that, but I didn't notice till four hours later that something in my hair was sticky and disgusting. I sniffed it and found out it was pine sap. I washed it over and over again in the bath last night, and thought it had come out... until this morning when I realized there was some still there. I just brushed it and now it's gone, but still, that was a bit of a hassel.
Well that's all for tonight. Good evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home