Thursday, September 11, 2008

Do you like... stuff?

Good. Cuz that’s what y’all are getting’. I have a bunch of random stuff that I feel like babbling about that I didn’t think would fit in a back to school post. So here they are.

I know that the folks over at the comet have mentioned both these things but they’re in my head and bugging me. So remember how in the song American Pie, they talk about the day the music died? Clearly, Mr. McClean had no idea what he was talking about, because I’m pretty sure the music officially died when Kid Rock and Katie Perry came out with the two most over played pieces of garbage on the radio for the last few months now. We all know which songs I’m talking about. I’m just wining cuz I heard both songs like four times today, not to mention the countless times during Frosh week that they were played until I wanted to throw things out windows. Enough wining about that. Let’s move on to dating.

I’m not sure why people do this, but for whatever reason, when people find out that I’m blind, they automatically tell me about other blind people they know. That’s all fine and cool, until a few weeks ago. I was driving home from somewhere with a cab driver that I see often who I happen to think is cool. And he told me that he met this blind dude who hadn’t had a girlfriend in years and wanted to meet someone who couldn’t see. He was just starting to lose his vision to some form of Leebers, and he wanted to talk to other blind people. I thought “What’s the harm in this? I could make a new friend. Awesome.” What the cab driver failed to tell me, or maybe he did tell me and I forgot, anyway, this dude was 44 years old. Again, not necessarily a bad thing, as I’m under the impression that he just wants a friend. So I called this guy and we agreed to meet for coffee on Tuesday of the following week.

I met the guy for coffee and was immediately creeped out by him. He smelled like my dad, he sounded nothing like he had on the phone, and he just had this air of general creepiness about him. But I sat and drank my coffee with him as politely as possible. He proceeded to tell me that he hadn’t been laid in like five years and then he went on about how he had an ex girlfriend that some guy beat the shit out of her, and then he found the guy and beat the shit out of him and called the cops and yeah. I don’t know. He was just weird. And he told me about how drunk he got on the weekends and all this stuff. Creepy. I didn’t stay long, I kinda booked it outa there after awhile of feeling thoroughly uncomfortable.

And while we’re on the subject of relationships, dating, getting laid etc., can someone please explain to me what is the fascination that so many people have with dating people on the internet that they’ve never even met? I don’t get it. I just don’t get it. It seems that there are a ton of blind people out there who date thise people who they’ve never met and they think they love them and it just seems like such bullshit to me. You know, there are real people in your neighbourhood that you could meet. I’m not trying to say that long distance relationships can’t work. But how do they work if you’ve never met the person except on the internet and maybe talked to them on the phone? And really, why would you want to go all the way to like Minasota just to meet some random chick? It makes absolutely no sense to me. It just seems weird. Maybe I’m a prude. I don’t know.

Do I have anything else? I can’t think of anything right now. That was just sorta random. Have a nic day. You may or not hear from me in the next month. I always say I’m going to update and I never do, so no promises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home