Tuesday, January 08, 2008

An odd combination of... thinks?

Poetic licence. I know, it mrammatically makes no sense. Bite me. So for whatever reason, whenever I go to my cottage, I have all sorts of bizzarre thoughts go through my head and I feel the need to write them down, so off I go.

Yay Canada for winning in hockey against Sweedin on Saturday afternoon. I saw the games on Friday and Saturday, and I was watching on Boxing Day too. I don't love hockey or anything, but it's fun to watch play offs. But there were two commercials that I kept seeing, neither of which made sense to me. The first one was for Mr. Sub. Somebody rings a doorbell and goes on about "If you could give me a few moments of your time" I don't remember the rest, but I'm sure we know what I'm talking about. I didn't get how that was relevant at all to Mr. Sub. And the other one was this stupid fucking Crispy Crunch commercial with the guy who sounds like a clown midget who is talking about how he's going to use hypnosis to make you crave a crispy Crunch. He says "Whenever you hear a horn honk, you will have an irresistable craving for a crispy crunch. When I clap my hands, you will wake up and remember... nothing." I can't do this douche justice, his voice is what gets me. Anyways, never once in the commercial did a horn honk. He clapped his hands at the end, and hat was all. You know what, I just thought of something else. Maybe, the reason the horn never honked was because we're supposed to remember nothing. I didn't feel any cravings for a crispy crunch, but maybe I just don't remember. Stupid cliown midget. Go die!

I can't believe the ice storm was ten years ago. That feels so long ago. That was a fun year for me. I was in grade six in 97-98, and holy Lord we missed a lot of school. I think we missed two weeks for the ice storm, and before that, in the fall all of the teachers in the school board went on strike. I think that was another three weeks. I remember how fun that strike was. Every single kid who lived in our neighbourhood would hang out at the park. It was so much fun to see everyone, and it was soooo crouded. I remember playing Punch Out with my babysitter, you know that old nintendo game where you were boxers. And eating Salt and Vinegar chips. That was a big deal for me back then. We didn't used to be allowed to eat junk food when we were at Mom's. That was the first year we lived with Cait and Meg and Betsy. Dad had lived in a sweet apartment before that, but living altogether was so awesome!

But getting back to the ice storm, we played in our driveway for weeks, just sliding around on the ice. I don't remember losing power, but we must have. It was super fun! I remember someone saying that it looked like the ice level from Donkey Kong Country. I was really into videogames back then because of Cait. It was awesome times.

I hear American Gladiators is back. I'm listening to Bob and Tom right now, and they were talking about how it was the biggest season premier in I don't remember how long, but apparently like 12 million people watched the premier. I don't even really remember that show.

Rosamae is going to the vet today. Have to get her weighed, have a physical exam, and make sure she doesn't have a bladder infection. Yay fun.

OK, I think I had more thoughts, but I forget now. I'll write again some time when I can think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home