Sunday, November 02, 2008

And When I die...

I was really productive today. I got up and went for an hour and a half walk. It felt fantastic to get up and exercise first thing in the morning. I haven’t done that in awhile. Dad and I went together, and at the end we stopped and had a bite at Tim’s. It was delicious.

How was everybody’s Halloween? Mine was awesome tastic! We went to a house party at this girl’s place who is a quadrapalegic. We sang karaoke and drank and just had an overall good time. I think I might have even been asked on a date, but we’ll see what happens there. I added the guy on msn but haven’t heard from him or seen him online yet. He invited me to the Bob Dylan concert. How fucking awesome is that? I want to go for the sole purpose of seeing the guy before he dies. I can’t fucking wait!! God, can you imagine how many people are gonna be right baked at that show? Haha.

I also am starting to sing at open mic nights at the grad club, which is a house-looking place on campus. It should be fun to actually practise performing in front of a bunch of people. I'm pretty stoked.

So I was listening to Randi’s vinyl tap on CBC radio 1 and they were doing a show about songs that people would want played at their funeral. There was quite the interesting mix of choices, from “When I die” by Blood Sweat and Tears to “Wasn’t that a Party” by the Irish Rovers and everything in between. Really a bunch of cool choices. So I’m wondering, to everyone who is reading this out there, if you could pick two songs to be played at your funeral, what would they be and why? Mine would have to be “Hey Jude” by the Beatles because it’s one of my all time favourite songs, and the Beatles are my favourite group in the entire world. The second would be… God I don’t even know. Higher and Higher, the Bett Middler version. So let’s start some discussion here. What would people want to have at their funeral? I don’t find it depressing. I think it’s really interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home