Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Use the Queen's language or you'll be in shit

Really Queen’s, have you nothing better to do with your time? It appears that Queen’s, one of the founding Universities in Canada, is about to put our right to free speech in the shitter.

The university has hired student facilitators to step in if they overhear students making homophobic or racial slurs, remarks bashing women or other offensive language.


Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for equality, and I know racism and prejudice is wrong. But am I the only one who’s creeped out that people are going to be listening in on my conversations? And as someone who commented on this article said, who determines what is offensive? I’m not gonna lie, sometimes I’ve been known to say rude things. Am I going to be given a talking to like we were in elementary school? I think this is ridiculous. We can’t control the craziness that happens during our Homecoming weekend, but we’re going to waste valuable resources to evesdrop on conversations? Wow, Whatever happened to free speech? Someone remind me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home