Another Rap-up type thing
It’s more than two weeks late but I really don’t care. I’m doing this anyway.
Positives of 08:
- Getting into Queen’s!
- AS few jam sessions at Xanadu music
- Reconnecting with old friends Suzan and Roisin, both of whom I went to camp with way back in the day!
- Frosh week again!
- Getting together with Anna, doing a lot of just fun singing and even doing a duel performance in Toronto in September!
- Continued fun with Shout Sister
- One very memorable and fun trip to Brantford in June
- Making it through an entire year with the most amazing and beautiful guide dog ever! Also being told by Chuck on several occasions how well we were doing
- An interesting support group leading to a summer with a few new friends which was great times
- Many fun drunken escapades watching Georgette start doing Thursday night performances at Brandi’s
- One hell of a great Christmas… lots of awesome presents!
- Grandpa quit drinking May 21st
- Older step sister finally moving out
- Uncle Bill’s 50th birthday party
- May 2-4 crazy party in Ottawa with the crew!
Negatives of 08
- Constant arguments with my father
- Apendix surgery that left me in pain for a stupidly long time
- Still no job
- Hard courses last semester resulting in my realization that environmental science was not for me
- Old neighbour died of Cancer
- Grandpa’s liver started to fail
- Remember all that awesome weight I lost last year? It came back with a vengeance. Is it wrong that I joked with someone recently that if I were to gain much more weight I might kill myself by over dosing on diet pills so I could at least die trying? I thought it was funny… others were concerned for my mental health.
- Remember those friends I mentioned that I met at the support group? Not friends anymore. They loved drama and bullshit, and God knows that shit follows me, so this year I said enough and as a result don’t talk to those people anymore
- I sat around and did a lot of nothing for the first half of 08 because I was just lazy and complacent.
Hopes for 09:
- I’d like a job please.
- Getting off academic probation and not having to worry and stress so much about school.
- Find a major or medial that I can actually stick with and finish
- Work on the self-esteem. It’s slowly getting better.
- Lose weight… but when do I not want to do that?
- Move out on my own again.
- Learn better tolerance, patience and discretion because these lessons seem hard for me.
- Work on building a more stable relationship with my parents
- Work on being more positive in general because I can be pretty bitchy.
Over all, I’d say that 2008 was a great year. I feel like I’ve made progress with meds and things. 09 looks like it’s going to be a good year if everything works out. I’m relatively happy today. Went out with Shannon last night, made new drinks and had a really good time. The Pizza Hut Delivery guy made good fun of us. It was a good night. I hope everyone is having an enjoyable weekend.