Thank you for allowing me to waste my time in a productive way. I will now respond to This Christmas survey that you have filled out
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hmmm… hard choice… I’d say eggnog, because I can have hot chocolate whenever… and eggnog goes so well with Captain Morgan’s Rum… yummy…
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa raps gifts in the same rapping paper every year.
3. Coloured lights on tree/house or white?
I think we’ve got coloured lights. And now we have this huge boulder outside our house and Dad felt the need to pile all the icical lights all over the rock… yeah… Dad’s weird…
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No mistletoe for us.
5. When do you put up your decorations?
First or second weekend of December, unless you’re my Mother, in which case you leave them up all year…
6. What is your favourite Holiday (Christmas or Thanksgiving) meal include?
Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatos, and this broccoli casserole that my Grandma makes… heaven!
7. Favourite Holiday memory as a child?
Grandma and Grandpa always used to have snow mobiles… *Cue awful Stompin’ Tom song here* Anyway, I remember we used to go, my uncles and I, on the frozen lake on the snow mobiles every year. I’d always be so scared of falling through, but my uncles are both really good drivers, and I knew they’d never let me anywhere near danger. And then coming in and cracking those nuts… it was awesome.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
What? No Santa? I hate you! How dare you ruin Christmas for me!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yeah. We have this tradition where Betsy gives us all a little Christmas tree ornament every year on Christmas eve at dinner time. We get to hang it on the tree after. It’s nice.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
We all gather round the tree, and just… I dunno decorate it with a bunch of home made stuffs that Betsy made, and some other stuff… I liked it better at Mom’s, but Mom doesn’t have a Christmas tree this year. *Frown*
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
I’d say both. It rocks to go skiing and tobogganning in it, but it sucks when you’re trying to walk places and you can’t detect much cuz the snow is everywhere.
12. Can you ice skate?
I sure can!
13. Do you remember your favourite gift as a child?
My gold fishies!! For some stupid reason I always wanted gold fishies!! Then, when I realized I wasn’t allowed to pet them, like I pet my cats, I hated them forevermore. We had gold fishies at Troughton house two years ago, and I secretly plotted to have them killed cuz they ruined Christmas for me so long ago.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Um… presents? Booze? What’s the right answer?
15. What is your favourite Holiday Dessert?
Short bread cookies!!
16. What is your favourite holiday tradition?
Christmas music and decorating the tree, and Mom hiding the pickle. It’s this really old tradition, I don’ know where it came from, but we have a brass pickle tree decoration, and Mom hides it, and whoever finds it on Christmas morning opens the first gift… mind you I don’t think I ever found it… but it’s cool anyway.
17. What tops your tree?
I think there’s an angel on top of our’s.
18. What is your favourite Christmas Song /hymn?
12 days of Christmas, the Bob and Doug version!! Five! Golden! Touques!